The EcoLogic Design Lab is an architectural and ecological design ‘lab’ providing innovative sustainable and educational architectural design services in and around the Monterey Bay area as well as internationally. We seek to create, innovate, and educate with our work. Our goal is to create high performance design with the most contemporary design tools available.
EcoLogic design, considers all design processes maximizing the symbiosis of energy efficiency, ecological integrity and functional beauty within and around the building, it’s environment and local habitat.
We offer reduced rates to other non-profits and to projects that meet green building standards and ethics.
The built environment has a vast impact on the natural environment, human health, and the economy and by adopting EcoLogic design strategies, we can maximize both economic and environmental performance. EcoLogic methods can be integrated into buildings at any stage, from design and construction, to renovation and deconstruction. However, the most significant benefits can be obtained if the design and construction team takes an integrated approach from the earliest stages of a building project.
A building’s energy efficiency comes first from the materials and processes used in construction, and then it’s functional and efficient use of energy throughout the life of the building, followed by it’s reabsorption into the environment at the end of it’s useful life.
According to the EPA, in the United States, buildings account for:
* 39 % of total energy use
* 12 % of the total water consumption
* 68 % of total electricity consumption
* 38 % of the carbon dioxide emissions
EcoLogic buildings seek to
• harvest all their own water and energy needs on site
• adapt specifically to site and climate and evolve as conditions change
• operate pollution free and generate no waste that can not be used for another process in the building or immediate environment
• promote health and well-being of all inhabitants
• comprise integrated systems that maximize efficiency and comfort
• improve health and diversity of local ecosytem
• be beautiful and inspirational